Sunday, February 24, 2013

Introduction to MOOCs

Posted by MOOC Research on 4:12 PM with No comments
I found this video on YouTube and I feel that this video gives a good understanding of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC). I feel that starting with the basics of MOOCs is important for this research project. This video is helpful in regard to the big ideas of MOOCs and how a MOOC works. This also does a good job at describing a MOOC and how they can become successful, which is from a lot of communication about the course, like as the video said use of "Online Networks".
Also, I wanted to post another video resource about MOOCs. This video talks more about the different MOOCs that are currently available. I have links to the MOOCs they discussed under my Links page. I personally have taken two courses on Coursera and am currently taking one course on edX. I find that one major benefit is how they provided a structure with dates to complete assignments. Another, benefit is that they have easy to understand websites.
I am going to continue looking for more resources and will post them as I find them. To get updates on my research process, connect with me on social media.

0 comments:

Post a Comment